Nitrogen OS was the best ROM I started to like on this Redmi Note 3.

Nitrogen OS was the best ROM I started to like on this Redmi Note 3. Now with the new 8.1 Oreo update, the performance and stability on this device is much better than MIUI. So, Intantly I took my camera and this is my take on the NOS 8.1 for Redmi Note 3. First of all, I customized this phone with Pixel Launcher and reduced the pixel density as prefer to read more on a screen at once. 



I used this ROM for like 2 weeks and what I felt was, this is was the best ROM upgrade from the previous NOS nought version. The previous version had problems like SIMdetection problem, and lags. As said, the ROM is based on Oreo 8.1. So you get the oreo features like Picture in Picture mode for YouTube, new emojis, smart text selection and redesigned settings menu.

You get to to play with lot of gestures like double tap to switch to previous app and brightness control by sliding over the status bar. These can all be customized in the settings.


But then one problem I noticed on this was display color and sound volume. The screen was not that vivid and sound was too low, so I had to install Agni kernel to fix that. After that, I felt like battery backup and also the charging time had inproved. However, This time the Picture in Picture mode stopped working.I got battery backup of about 5-6 hours and sometimes 7 hours. Charging time was again 2 hours. It could run almost 4 apps in the background without refreshing in my 2gb variant. It was much better than the MIUI ram management, so I liked it.

I won't say that this ROM is entirely lag free. However, it's better than MIUI according to me. You could easily switch between the app's and multitask using split screen. That was indeed a useful feature.

The pre-installed stock camera is not good at all. You can actually get the best camera performance of this RedmiNote 3 using Google HDR+ camera, which I would be reviewing in detail in a few days.
It that worth the review. You don't have the problem of auto exposure and the quality of image that comes out is really good, Although you don't cannot take slow motion video in this app.

Caffeine was one of my favorite toggle which helped me in keeping the screen ON for a prescribed time.

Since this ROM is under development, you can experience small bugs like overlapping notifications on clock during Ambient displayInstagram would crash atleast once in a day specially if you are using its camera. Also, PicsArt was little laggy on this.

Other that that, the call quality and daily web browsing did not all face any issue. VoLTE works, and Goodix also works on this ROM. What doesn't work is VoLTE Video Calling which hopefully would be fixed in the upcoming updates. 😉😉

Comments